When we can truly understand what our real values are, not the values that have been passed onto us by our parents or well meaning mentors, the values that are so aligned with our wellbeing that when we are living these our soul sings, we want our life to demonstrate these. This way we will have a better chance at feeling fulfilled, creative and at peace. It doesn’t mean we won’t have challenges, it means we will be able to handle the challenges in a way that supports our growth.
When you get a chance, answer the questions below and see what your life demonstrates. If you want to change some aspects, look at the questions first and then ask your inner guidance for direction.
You can also do this for your work place. What does your workplace demonstrate? Are there any aspects you would like to change or alter in some way? Could you take this as an opportunity to feel grateful that your work place reflects your values?
When you get to that place, you come skipping through the door in the morning, I know that most of you feel like that most of the time. If not, what can you take responsibility for to change the way you feel?
Values tell us what we hold important.
Answer these questions –
- How do you fill your space?
- How do you spend your time?
- How do you spend your energy?
- What do you spend your money on?
- What do you think about most?
- What do you usually like to dream about?
- What do you internally dialogue? What do you talk to yourself about most?
- What do you enjoy talking to others about most?
- What do you react to most?
- When you are asked to write your goals what comes up first?
Value questions are from Dr Demartini – www.drdemartini.com